Choosing A Key West Boat
How do I decide which is the best boat for me?
First accept that no one boat is always right. There will be times when you want to do something unusual such as take the neighbor and his family on the water along with your own family. Always chose a boat that suits your needs most of the time, and remember it has limitations in those extreme cases, and nothing will suit your needs all the time. Ask yourself how many people will realistically be on the boat, where you plan to use the boat, and what you would like to do with the boat, and then pick a boat that best fits those situations. Most importantly make sure it is a Key West Boat.
- How much horsepower will I need on my boat?
- Which is better, 2 stroke or 4 stroke, and what brand engine?
- What are the prices for a new boat?
- Is wood free, all composite construction better than the conventional wood cored boats?
Maintaining A Key West Boat
Should I be concerned about E-10 ethanol fuel in my Key West Boat?
Every component used in the fuel system of a Key West boat is the latest and most ethanol resistant material available at the time of production. All of our fuel tanks are either poly or aluminum and we have never used fiberglass tanks. Because of this there is no need for undue alarm because of E-10 fuel. This is not to say that alcohol in fuel causes no problems though and every effort should be made to stabilize the fuel when not in use. E-10 is less stable than straight gasoline and more prone to moisture absorption. Ethanol also contributes to the deterioration of even the most resistant fuel lines shortening their life span. Consequently all fill, vent, and supply lines should be inspected periodically.
- How is a Key West Boat the best value on the water?
- Who do I contact to service my boat?
- Can I purchase an extended warranty?
- What maintenance will be required on my boat?
Understanding A Key West Boat
- Why does my live well overflow?
- Why is my fuel gauge inaccurate on my boat?
- How can stainless steel rust?
- Are Key West Boats unsinkable?
- How many people can I carry on my boat?
- Should I be concerned about the 'dead rise' on my boat, and how does it affect a boat's performance?
- 1720CC boats built in 2017 will have a 40 gallon tank. Why more fuel than the older 1720CC?
- What size fuel tank does my older Key West Boat have?
What year model did Key West Boats introduce all composite, wood free construction?
With our introduction of the seventeen twenty in 1992, we used all composite construction for the first time. We were an innovator of this now proven technology, but it was limited to that model at the time. Over the next couple of years we were so happy with the success and improved quality, that we blended it into the other models. All Key West Boats built from 1995 and after, with the exception of the 2000WA, are completely wood free. This is important, not only from a peace of mind perspective, but it also shows that we are not "still learning" how it should be done. We have a very long and successful history of wood free construction.
- Are all composite cored boats better than wood cored boats?